Friday, November 18, 2011

Recipe Jam: Grandma Brown's Fruit Cookies

A couple of weeks ago, while I attended a NAEYC conference in Orlando, FL, my son had a much anticipated visit with Grandma.  Every time he goes to Grandma's house, they have daily baking or cooking activities.  On this last visit, they made fruit cookies, a sugar free, bite-sized cookie that my son fell in love with.

Earlier this week, I made a fresh batch of yummy peanut butter cookies (my husband's favorite).  I tried to give my son one of the delicious sugar-filled cookies and he tasted it and said, " No, I want Grandma's cookies."  Wow!!  I emailed Grandma, she sent the recipe, and last night we made these delightfully EASY fruit cookies.  He gobbled them up!!!


Grandma Brown's Fruit Cookies



INGREDIENTS:

11/2 CUPS APPLE SAUCE 

1 3/4 CUPS QUICK OATS
1 1/2 CUPS CHOPPED DRIED FRUIT

3/4 CUP CHOPPED NUTS

1/4 CUP WHOLE GRAIN FLOUR

1/2 TEASPOON SALT

1 TEASPOON VANILLA





DIRECTIONS:

MIX WET AND DRY INGREDIENTS SEPARATELY.THEN COMBINE,STIRRING ONLY ENOUGH TO MOISTEN OATS.

FORM INTO BITE-SIZED COOKIES AND PLACE ON OILED COOKIE SHEET.

BAKE 350 FOR 30-35 MINUTES.

YIELD 28 COOKIES.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online