Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kidpower: Every Child Deserves to Feel Safe

Kidpower Workshop in Palo Alto, CA

Today my family and I attended a play date with several other families of children ages 3 to 5.  We have family outings all the time and generally walk away with wonderful memories and great pictures.  However, today we walked away from a play date with life lessons and strategies the will assist my husband and me on our mission to keep our son safe.  As adults, we are aware of the dangers that lurk in the world we live in and know we must keep our little ones safe.  I battled with wanting to prepare my 5 year old for individuals who would attempt to infringe on his personal safety but I did not want to rob him of his angelic innocence.  The workshop that our play date host invited us to today helped me with that battle. The Kidpower workshop gave us a gentle way to discuss and practice personal safety measures that were relevant to our preschooler.


Kidpower is a non-profit organization that works to help kids and adults feel personally safe.  They have locations across the nation.  I would encourage you to research their organization and plan your next play date with Kidpower, if there is one in your area.  It's FREE!!!!!  Visit Kidpower at www.kidpower.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online